Life for Pot Marijuana Prisoners: John Knock #11150-017
Offense: Conspiracy to import, Conspiracy to distribute, Conspiracy to money launder. Non-violent marijuana only.
Sentence: 2 Life Terms Plus 20 Years
Incarcerated Since: 1996
Priors: None, first time offender
Family: 1 Son plus a large extended family
About Life for Pot Prisoner John Knock and His Case
John Knock is a non violent first time marijuana offender.
He was convicted in a dry conspiracy where no marijuana was actually found. As in all conspiracy cases, no actual evidence is required for a conviction, only the testimony of others who are trying to avoid prison time themselves. In other words, all that is required for a conviction in a conspiracy case is the testimony of people who have huge, life preserving incentives to lie.
The conspiracy was developed through a reverse sting operation that was instigated by the DEA and
prosecutors using an indicted fugitive who was trying to avoid prison time by “cooperating” with authorities. John had never known this individual, but he was acquainted with one of the individuals indicted in this reverse sting when she lived near him back in the 1970s.
As he had not done anything wrong or had anything to do with this conspiracy, John chose to go to trial instead of taking a plea. Even though everyone is entitled to a fair trial, those who choose this route are usually given sentences 6 times greater than those who are offered a plea and “cooperate.” You don’t actually have to be involved in the crime to be tried and convicted in a conspiracy case. Hence, John Knock, a first time offender, ended up with not one, but two life sentences.
This sting was in northern Florida, which is a place where John had never lived and never worked. Nonetheless, John Knock is serving a sentence of TWO Life Terms PLUS 20 Years (because apparently a single life sentence was just not enough in the government’s eyes to protect society of first time offender who never hurt anyone).
More About Marijuana Lifer John Knock
- How YOU Can Help Marijuana Lifer John Knock
- Getting to Know Marijuana Lifer John Knock
- John’s website JohnKnock.com
- Change.org Petition – Grant Clemency to John Knock
- LifeForPot.com (website operated by John’s sister Beth Curtis)
- With Marijuana Legal, Why Are People Still Doing Life for Weed?
- Clemency Is Not Enough, Thousands Still Imprisoned for Nonviolent Marijuana Crimes
- Obama Just Granted Clemency to One Pot Lifer but Dozens More Remain Behind Bars
- These Men Are Serving Life in Prison for Selling Pot
- Top 10 Most Outrageous Marijuana Sentences
- 5 Senior Citizens Serving Life for Pot
- Shocked Over Silk Road Founder’s Life Sentence? These Lifers Did Far Less
- Life in Prison for Pot: As Laws Ease Some Remain Behind Bars
- Growing Acceptance of Marijuana of No Help to Convicts Serving Life in the Joint
- 10 Worst Sentences for Marijuana Related Crimes
- Life Sentence for Marijuana: A Look at People Serving Harsh Sentences for Marijuana
- America Is Full Of Hypocrites’: Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out (Civilized)